Bit of pumpkin trivia: did you know that…
…. pumpkin has lots of vitamin A and potassium?
…. pumpkins are 90% water?
And wait, this is going to blow your mind…
…. pumpkin is fruit, berry in fact.
Halloween Leftover Pumpkin Soup
Did you get that tiny pumpkin too small to carve? Don’t worry, you can put it to a better use in the kitchen. You’ll need only veg you can find in your weekly veg box + some spices you’ll surely find in your flat’s cupboard:
1 pumpkin (any size, the bigger the pumpkinier)
1 medium onion
1 – 2 carrots (someone likes it sweet…)
oil, salt, pepper, spices (chilli, paprika, grounded cumin, coriander, marjoram… whatever is in yours or housemate’s cupboard) parsley, chive
* Dice the onion and garlic and fry it in a soup pot.
* Persist patient & peel the pumpkin. Cut it into smaller pieces, do the same with carrots & potatoes.
* Carefully take out the pumpkin seeds, clean them and roast them in the oven with bit of oil and salt.
* Put all the veg into a big soup pot with some water and cook until soft with salt, pepper and spices to taste.
* If you like it denser, pour out some/most of the water and blend it with hand mixer.
* Tadaa! Pour it into a bowl, decorate with some yummy roasted seeds and add some chive or parsley to add a green touch.